KHDA Inspection Report
The Knowledge and Human Development Authority (KHDA) is a regulatory authority of the Government of Dubai and is responsible for the growth, direction and quality of private education and learning in Dubai.
KHDA 2019-2020 Inspection Report
Please click here to download the full KHDA Inspection Bureau Report for Safa British School for 2019-2020.
Safa British School rated ‘VERY GOOD’ by KHDA during our 2019 – 2020 Inspection.
The KHDA report highlight the following as key strengths of Safa British School:
- 77% of all indicators at Outstanding (20%) and Very Good (57%)
- Personal Development, Social Responsibility and Innovation Skills rated at “Outstanding” across all phases of the school
- Health and Safety, Care and Support, Management with Parent Community rated at “Outstanding” across all phases of the school
- All core academic foundations i.e Learning Skills, Teaching for Effective Learning, Assessment, Curriculum Design & Implementation and Curriculum Adaptation rated at “Very Good” across all phases of the school
- Performance in standardised GL exams : “..Mathematics improved from very good to outstanding, while English and Science remained outstanding”
- Students’ attitudes and behaviour are exemplary throughout the school.
- Teaching is consistently strong in all phases. Planning is thorough and carefully links tasks to students’ differing needs. Activities are engaging, and regularly promote problem-solving and critical thinking
- Assessment processes are rigorous and very well aligned to the English National Curriculum. All teachers use curriculum modification very well to plan lessons that are well tailored to meet the needs of all students.
- The curriculum has a clear rationale that ensures progression and balance across all phases. Review and research into best practice are key features of curriculum planning.
- Students of determination are well identified, both formally and informally. Modifications and interventions are closely matched to the needs of almost all.
- The principal, vice-principal and senior leaders are highly effective practitioners whose passion and vision for the school are shared by all.
- The school continues to be highly successful in engaging parents as partners in their children’s learning. Parents value the care and support provided by the school.