At Safa British School (SBS) we strive to unlock the potential of all students regardless of individual differences. We uphold the mission of the Dubai Disabilities Strategy to create a fully inclusive society by 2020. We are committed to H. H. Sheik Mohammad bin Rashid Al Maktoum’s 2021 vision, enabling the UAE to become an inclusive, barrier free and rights based society. Hence, we endeavor to protect and ensures the success of all the groups of student at SBS
In line with the Dubai Framework for Inclusive Education (2017) we believe in :
- The equal right to education in a ‘common learning environment’
- Proactively removing barriers
- The value of diversity
- Recognizing each child’s unique capability
- Modifying teaching and curricular approaches to ensure all children have an equal opportunity to progress
- The rejection of ability labelling and discrimination
Below is a link to the Dubai Inclusion Framework.
In correspondence with Law No. (2) of 2014 Concerning Protection of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the Emirate of Dubai, it is the objective of Safa British School to :
- Ensure students of determination enjoy their rights equally within school
- Foster a school ethos which upholds the dignity and respect of all student regardless of difference or disability
- Protect students identified as SEND from discrimination
- Enable students of determination to enjoy the right to education at all levels, which will contributes towards their integration into society as an effective member
- Prevent any form of discrimination against a student with Disability, including an act or omission intended to deny enjoyment of a student’s right to equal provision. Such as: Educational exclusion; direct discrimination and indirect discrimination
Below is a link to Law No. (2 ) of 2014 Concerning Protection of the Rights of Persons with Disabilities in the Emirate.